Friday 20 May 2016

First gloss coat....






































... and the thwart made.  But I forgot to photograph that before I turned the boat over for the first gloss coat.  It looks pretty in the picture, but the primer is thin in places in an attempt to make things smooth, so the reality is not quite as pretty (yet) as the picture suggests.  But time is pressing.

As well as the thwart, I decided to add a layer of glass cloth inside - to resist those little feet and to provide a non-slip surface!  And I then epoxied all of the inside.  I can varnish it later but at least it's waterproof now.

Finally, I inserted and epoxied in a copper pipe through what will now be the bow, for a painter / safety loop.  I have some very clever pipe-surrounds to make it look good in the end.

Think I'll paint the gunwale green and call the boat "Kingcup",

although we all know it's really called W Y C ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment